Уважаемые кандидаты, вакансия предполагает переезд в город Вена (Австрия).
IT Support technician UN
Overview, function and desired expertise for the role of IT Support technician
The UN IT Service Desk operates Monday to Friday from 08.00h until 18.00 h. A dedicated walk-in IT service desk is offered on the UN premises in Vienna and clients can also contact us via email, telephone, and though our ticketing tool. Further, a 24/7 service is offered to a limited number of senior managers through an on-call schedule. On call shifts are staffed by one person and shared within the team therefore approx. 5 shifts are expected per year.
We support approx. 2000 users with approx. 5000 workstations. Our client base is mainly situated with the UN premises of the Vienna International Centre. Additionally, we remotely service clients in our laboratories in Seibersdorf and Monaco. On top we have clients in New York, Tokyo, Toronto and home office. The vast majority of our services are provided to our clients based in Vienna and Seibersdorf. Apart from UN clients, we provide services to our member states during virtual and inhouse conferences and ensure they can access required UN internal resources.
Generally, our work is split into classic IT Service Desk work, ERP system support, conference support, workstation deployment, switchboard services and external members state support.
Our environment is largely Microsoft with its Office products and operating systems.
The UN IT Service Desk is part of the Service Delivery Unit, Client Services Section.
- Act as point of contact for responding, resolving, and tracking all incidents and service calls received by the MTIT Service desk. Manage calls (incidents and service requests) received by logging it to the online system, prioritize and monitor until completion.
- Respond and solve incidents/service requests including troubleshooting, installation, and removal of hardware/software using supplied installation instructions and tools, following agreed testing and implementation standards. Deploy new or upgraded desktops, laptops or core application images.
- A support agent providing first level support, addressing ERP related incidents, issues and requests.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ERP user support and training modules and manuals.
- Deploy, test and support UN's standard desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices and all other peripherals including supply of consumables.
- Develop and/or enhance installation and configuration procedures as well as documentation.
- Assist with resolving problems (e.g. poor performance) and faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software – especially those requiring greater installation expertise.
- Conduct tests of hardware and/or software using test procedures and diagnostic tools; correct malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources as required, documenting results in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Maintain IT equipment in meeting rooms, training rooms and conference centre.
- Troubleshoot issues related to LAN network and wireless network.
- Participate in projects, including implementation of hardware and software tools and systems.
- Maintain Active Directory users, groups and computer objects
- Support external users accessing UN resources
- Coordinating with vendors for IT equipment repairs
- Registering, issuing and supporting MFA soft and hard tokens
- Registering, issuing and supporting email encryption tokens
- 24/7 standby support (approx. 5 shifts a year)
Competencies and expertise:
- IT Helpdesk / Service Desk / Technical Customer Service experience required
- Knowledge of information security
- Knowledge or Oracle ERP products
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Client orientated, analytical thinking, resilient and with an strive for client satisfaction
List of relevant Technologies:
This list contains technologies commonly used and supported in our daily business. The level of expertise and experience required is in line with general expectations of a support technician generalist. List is in alphabetical order.
- Adobe creative suite
- Assyst ticketing tool
- Avaya IP Phones
- Citrix Gateway VPN
- Citrix Virtual Desktop
- Internet Explorer, Chrome, Edge Chromium
- IOS 6+, iPad, iPhone
- Laptop / Desktops and Monitors mainly Lenovo, HP and Fujitsu
- MAC OSX devices and OS
- MDM from Airwatch
- MS Active Directory 2016 / 2019
- MS Exchange
- MS Intune and Endpoint manager
- MS O365 incl. MS Teams and OneDrive
- MS SharePoint
- MS System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- MS Windows 10 and 7 OS
- MS Windows defender ATP
- MS Windows Server 2019
- Network / Local Printers : HP, Xerox and canon
- PKI / Entrust Certificates
- RSA console, hard / soft tokens
- SIM card / mobile devices
Full time (40 hours) on-site support