ALM Works is an established software company that focuses on developing best-in-class applications for Project and Portfolio Management. Our flagship product, Structure for Jira, is one of the most popular applications on the Atlassian Marketplace.
We are a small company that has the privilege of serving more than 4,000 customers and some of the world's most well-known companies: Google, Netflix, Adobe, Intel, Sony, Disney, Toyota, Twitter – to name just a few.
We are expanding our team of passionate and solution-driven individuals at our office in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for an experienced software engineer with a strong background in web application security.
In the role of Senior Security Engineer, you will be responsible for security testing of our cloud-based based products and participate in establishing, maintaining, and evolving the practices and policies as the company grows. You will work directly with the product engineering team, the business team, and the company leadership.
We expect you to
- Help our Engineering teams deliver high-quality, robust, secure, and compliant products
- Help us to establish and improve security and privacy-related processes
- Assist our support and sales teams in answering customer's concerns about security
You will help us to shape our approach to all security matters and greatly influence the future of our SaaS and on-premises products.
What are the responsibilities?
- Develop and conduct security testing activities to ensure secure and compliant operations of our products
- Develop tools, frameworks, policies, and practices that will support our engineering and SRE teams
- Provide our engineering team with the expertise on secure systems and privacy-related compliance
- Review source code manually and using tools to identify potential security vulnerabilities
- Participate in compliance certification initiatives, bug bounty, and other security and privacy-related programs
- Assist the company's legal counsel on all matters related to privacy and security
- In case of a security incident, be part of the incident response team and help us communicate with the public, customers, and partners to provide updates
What are the requirements?
- At least three years of experience in a similar role
- At least five years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of common security problems and best practices
- Solid technical background, understanding of distributed systems architecture, high availability, scalability, reliability, databases, networking
- Experience with AWS, monitoring tools, and centralized deployment tools
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Working knowledge of practical implications of GDPR and related regulations
- Confident Linux advanced user proficiency
- Ability to multitask and work autonomously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent written and good spoken English
- Bachelor degree
What do we offer?
- A highly collaborative culture based on honesty, respect, and kindness
- An environment that welcomes initiative, creativity, and constructive feedback
- Being a part of a team of highly skilled motivated professionals where every person matters
- Competitive salary
- Comfortable office environment with modern amenities
- Flexible schedule, paid sick/personal leaves
- Opportunity to work full time remotely
- The company paid trips to conferences, trade shows, and corporate retreats
- Opportunities for personal development and growth
- Premium medical insurance
- Quarterly bonus based on the financial performance of the company (terms/limitations apply)
- Stock option plan
- Reserved parking
- English lessons/fitness 50% reimbursement
How to apply
Please send us your resume with a cover letter (in English) outlining your prior experience and a few suggestions of how you could apply it at ALM Works.